Do you remember when…..? Do you remember the first time you were allowed to hold an unloaded 22 rifle? How about the first time you were allowed to chamber a 22 LR bullet, aim, pull the trigger and hit a bullseye target? Many of us grew up with firearms in our home. We were taught to leave them alone even though they were not locked in a safe. Our parents taught us firearm respect. Wasn’t it special to know that Dad, Mom or your Grandparents felt you were at the age where you recognized the importance of safely handling a firearm? They not only trusted, but expected you to handle the firearm with respect, and they taught us the principles of firearm safety.
These are the memories Daughters At The Range evokes. This event is based on the supposition that boys learn from their Dads, but that the girls (and their Moms) are often left at home. The shooting sports are for all ages, girls and boys–families. This program is designed to promote family bonding while introducing young ladies to the sport of shooting.
Let’s make new FAMILY MEMORIES! Make plans to attend the Daughters At The Range! Register beginning April 15, 2017.
Memorize and practice these safety rules:
- Always keep the gun pointed in a safe direction.
- Always keep your finger off the trigger until ready to shoot.
- Always keep the gun unloaded until ready to use.
- Be sure of your target and what is beyond.
See you at the range!
- Introduce young ladies to the sport of shooting.
- Instruct young ladies as to how to safely handle a firearm, including safely loading and unloading a firearm.
- Promote the sport of shooting as a family sport that will be enjoyed for a lifetime.
- Encourage young ladies and their parent(s) to safely have FUN when shooting, the result is family bonding.
- Create confidence in the young ladies as to their ability to participate in the sport of shooting.